Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sew... a needle pulling thread

Yep, I was “that” kind of Mom. I made my girl’s Halloween costumes, not always from scratch but they were always made to be unique. From a bunny to a fish to the Queens of Fire & Ice, I made costumes. I loved trying to come up with unique ideas and the girls usually had the final say in what it was going to be in the end.

I also made all new costumes for the Lutheran Preschool Christmas program. Mary, Joseph, shepherds, angels, the whole nativity scene, I made them all.

As my youngest daughter got older she joined an acting club which put on a performance every trimester at school. This was another opportunity for me to get creative with costumes. These too were not necessarily from scratch but definitely customized.

When my girls were little (and even once recently) I made their special holiday dresses.  It was so fun to dress them up. 

Rainbow Fish



Butterflies

Skunk


Fire & Ice Queens

Miss Hollywood 1920



Preschool costumes


Easter dress

Matching Christmas Dresses


Fairy Godmothers - Sleeping Beauty

Easter Dress


No comments:

Post a Comment